Puff pastry (I’m lazy and buy the pre-rolled stuff)
Fresh Basil Leaves
280ml of Double Cream
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees centigrade
- Unroll your puff pastry and cut out with a c.5cm diameter cutter (or whatever works for your tartlet tray) and put in your tartlet tray.
- Prick the pastry with a fork and then add 1 or 2 baking beans into each tartlet and blind bake for 10mins.
- Beat the eggs, gradually add the cream and stir in the basil. Then season as necessary with salt & pepper.
- Remove the tartlet tray from the oven and take out the baking beans from each tartlet
- Sprinkle cheese over the base of the tartlets add a halved cherry tomato to each one and then pour over the cream mix until nearly full.
- Finally sprinkle some more cheese on top
- Bake for 15mins or until brown
- Leave to cool for 5mins, then add a small basil leaf on top of each mini quiche to serve.