Ingredients – makes 20
20 quails eggs
High quality sausage meat (4 sausages worth)
1 chicken egg
Flour (to dust)
Breadcrumbs (I prefer Panko if you can get)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Boil quails eggs for 4mins and then when cool, remove shells.
- Divide sausage meat into balls, around the same size as the eggs. Dust the eggs with flour.
- Envelope the eggs within the sausage meat. Dust with flower again.
- Beat the chicken egg and roll each ball in this too before rolling in breadcrumbs.
- Put in the oven for 10mins or until brown. Serve hot or cold.