Ingredients – makes 20
– 2 duck breasts
– Pack of 20 Chinese style pancakes (can buy from most Asian supermarkets – plus they freeze!)
– 1 Cucumber
– Hoi Sin Sauce (again Asian supermarket buy)
– 5 Spice mix
– Ginger (either fresh or ground is fine)
– Soy sauce
– Spring onion/fresh chive for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees centigrade.
2. Season the duck breasts with a generous amount of 5 spice, ginger and some soy sauce – stab a knife across the meat to allow the seasoning to penetrate beyond the outer layer. Cook for 20-25mins.
3. Allow duck to cool and slice each breast into c.10 pieces.
4. Put a quarter of a teaspoon of sauce in the centre of each pancake and spread across the surface.
5. Add a piece of cucumber and slice of duck and then fold in the top and bottom of the pancake before rolling the with 2 sides.
6. Wrap each roll with a slither of spring onion or a fresh chive.