Looking for something to whet the appetite before your thanksgiving feast? These should do the trick!
Ingredients – makes 24
1 pack of pre-rolled puff pastry
1 pack of feta (200g)
Spinach leaves (chopped finely)
1 egg (beaten)
1.Preheat your oven to 170 degrees centigrade
2. Unroll your puff pastry and roll out (with a rolling pin) to half the thickness
3. Use a pizza cutter to cut the pastry into squares around 7cmx7cm or whatever fits best with your tartlet tray
4. Place the pastry into the tartlet trays leaving the 4 corners poking out
5. Crumble the feta into a seperate bowl and add finely chopped spinach leaves. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
6. Add a small amount of pesto to the base of each puff
7. Add some of the spinach and feta mix to each puff until nearly full and then fold over the corners to overlap into the middle
8. Brush with a beaten egg and put into the oven for 12mins or until golden brown
9. Serve either hot after 5 mins of cooling or cold within 2 days
Presentation tip – these will go fast so I never bother so much with perfect lines…I just pile them high!