Because I’m obsessed with sweet potato…and its that time of year that we need something a little more hearty! This works best if you’ve made a full pie during the week and then can recycle a little extra for canapés when your pals come over!
Ingredients – makes 20
200g of Beef mince
2 cloves of garlic
1 Carrot (chopped)
1 large sweet potato
Milk (or cream if you’re feeling naughty!)
- Saute the onion, crushed garlic and beef mince in olive oil (add a little red cooking wine if you have it knocking around)
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat
- Peel and cut the sweet potato into small chunks. Boil on the hob for 15-20mins or until soft. (add a little vegetable stock to the water if you have it)
- Add the chopped carrot and chopped parsley to the beef mix and after 5 minutes add the peas
- When the sweet potato is cooked, drain it and add a knob of butter and a little milk (or cream) before mashing.
- Pour the beef mix into an oven proof dish and lay the sweet potato mash on top
- Grill for 5-10mins or until brown on top
- Distribute into mini canapé bowls