A fab option for any veggie friends and a great one to experiment with in terms of different stuffings depending on what you have in the cupboard.
Mini sweet peppers
Giant cous cous
- Pre-heat the grill to a medium heat
- Heat the giant cous cous on the hob for 6-8mins (I like it a little firm), adding vegetable stock to the water for extra taste. When cooked, drain and put into a mixing bowl.
- Roughly chop the parsley and add to the giant cous cous. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Crumble the feta into the mix and stir in
- Cut off the tops of the mini peppers and remove any insides
- Spoon the cous cous mix into the mini peppers and stand upright in an ovenproof dish (you may have to pack them quite closely to ensure they all stay upright or if you peppers allow, you can cut a little layer off the bottom to make it flat – although this doesn’t always work as you don’t want the stuffing to fall out!)
- Grill for 5-10mins or until browning on top
- Leave to cool for 5mins before serving. You/your guests can put them on cocktail sticks if desired.