Sick of leftovers yet? Here’s a new twist to use up those brussel sprouts! Plus…everything is better with bacon…especially brussels!
Ingredients – makes 20
Pack of 20 brussel sprouts
7 rashers of bacon
- Boil a kettle of water and trim/peel brussels
- Boil the brussels for 6 mins on a medium heat on the hob, adding a dash of olive oil and pinch of salt to the water
- While the brussels are boiling, cut each rasher of bacon into 3, I find the easiest way to do this is cutting off the medallion (big round bit) from the rest and then cutting the medallion into 2.
- Remove any excess fat (easiest way to do this is with a pair of scissors)
- Remove the brussels from the boil and sieve away the water
- Wrap each brussel with a slice of bacon and secure with a cocktail/canapé stick
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and place the canapés into it for about 5mins (or until bacon is cooked), turning regularly to ensure each side is fully cooked.
- Leave to cool and then serve with cranberry sauce
Presentation tip: I think these look great in a circular formation on either a white or black plate with a small dish in the middle with the cranberry sauce. Not bad for leftovers!