These go down a treat with hungry guests, plus you can prep in advance with leftovers from a prior mexican feast…perfecto!
Ingredients – makes 24
1 red onion
4 tortilla wraps
1 can of sweetcorn (or equivalent frozen)
1 can of kidney beans
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
100g of Quinoa
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade
- Boil the kettle and add the water to the quinoa, heat this on the hob for 10mins or until done
- Cut the tortilla wraps into small squares (7cm x 7cm or whatever fits your tartlet tray) and use to line a tartlet tray as the base for the canape
- Cut the onion finely and throw into a pan with olive oil on a medium heat.
- Add the paprika, cumin and chilli
- Cook the onions until soft and then add the sweet corn, kidney beans and chopped tomatoes. Stir in the quinoa when cooked
- Use a teaspoon to spoon the mixture into the tortilla cases
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and place in the oven for around 8-10mins or until the cheese is melted and slightly brown