Aubergine is one of my new favourite ingredients for regular cooking, so I thought why not make a canapé with it for good measure! Enjoy!
Ingredients – makes 30
Half an Aubergine
100g of Goats Cheese (either smooth or hard is fine)
Fresh mint leaves
Fig balsamic glaze
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees centigrade
- Slice the aubergine horizontally and then into quarters
- Season with olive oil and ground chilli (as spicy as you or your guests like it!)
- Roast in the oven for 15-20mins, until cooked
- Crumble a little goats cheese onto each quarter and then add a small mint leaf (or portion of one) to garnish
- Finish with a fig balsamic glaze!