Hi everyone – another one for my veggie friends, this was something I originally did as a main course, inspired by a fantastic Jamie Oliver recipe and was so good I had to make a mini version to share with you all! Enjoy!
Ingredients – makes 20
1 carrot, grated
1 courgette, grated
250g halloumi cheese, grated
2 spring onions, chopped
A small bunch of chopped coriander leaves
A small bunch of chopped mint leaves
1 beaten egg
2 tbsp of breadcrumbs
Sweet chilli dressing
1) Grate the carrot & courgette, this is easiest to do in a food blender if you have the right blades, however you can grate by hand if you want to work your muscles! 🙂
2) Place the grated carrot & courgette in a clean tea towel and wring over the sink to drain any excess water
3) Mix the carrot & courgette with the grated halloumi, spring onions, coriander & mint in a bowl. Add the beaten egg and stir in the breadcrumbs
4) Shape the mixture into small patties or use a tartlet tray and press down with a spoon and leave in the fridge for an hour to firm up.
5) Heat olive oil in a griddle pan over a medium heat. Fry the patties until crisp on both sides and hot all the way through.
6) Serve immediately 🙂
Presentation tip – These taste delicious with a sweet chilli dip, which you can place in a small bowl at the end of a wooden platter!